Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Art of Keeping House, and The Perfectly Imperfect Home


What a PERFECT title for one thing, and for another, there are VERY few books that make me feel cozy, inspired, and happy, all at the same time. After years of editing, editing, editing, we can finally loosen our belts a bit, stop hiding the T.V.'s, stashing away the knickknacks, and have COMFY sofa's! Do you think we were all hiding who we were? Seriously...If you have an old collection of whatever, go get it out of the garage, dust it off and cluster it on a shelf...I have several clusters in my house, and so should you.... This is my coffee table with my idea of heaven perched upon it. English Breakfast tea with a splash of milk, a lovely,(natural smelling), candle, a cozy blanket, a roaring fire, and BOOKS!

Along with Deborah's book, my other favorite home book is Home Comforts, by Cheryl Mendelson. My copy is torn and battered from constant reading and reference.It has EVERY possible piece of information you could EVER need about "The Art and Science of keeping home". It makes me want to strive higher, yet it doesn't feel out of reach, or make me feel like a big,homekeeping loser...

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving for some rest and reprieve..
I hope you all find a way to unwind that makes you happy too...
Gratefully Yours....

Get your copy of these favorite home books of mine, here.

No comments:

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...