Friday, June 17, 2011

The Art of the Artisan...

 I LOVE the recent House Beautiful piece, in which they photographed the home of Roman Alonso, the creative director of Commune. I love the laid back 70's rock feeling that is going on, and could imagine myself falling asleep, while reading the new Keith Richard's book right there on those pillows...


The kitchen reminds me of a couple I used to know while I was abroad, where they taught me the beauty of simple living, and using things like old, mini milk jars as vases for your freshly picked flowers, etc...It is not about a show really, it's more of an authentic way of living... 



The brass lamp with the red shade kills me...I am on the hunt for something similar...It adds such pizazz...I love that word...
Pizzazz....

Have a GREAT weekend!

Photo's by Amy Neunsinger for House Beautiful Magazine

1 comment:

24 Corners said...

I remember this home...loved the built-ins in the dining room, the windows, and the cute little kitchen...looked very similar to a lot of homes here. The lamp is very cool!
Pizzazz is a great word...I've totally loved it ever since I heard Kay Thompson use it in Funny Face. I should say it more, thanks for the reminder!
xo J~

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...