Monday, March 28, 2011

Elegantly, uppercrust...


Painting of "The Peacock Kimono", by Evan Wilson
The new traditionalists we call them, the modern preppy... 
A life that is, seemingly, perfectly, well-organized, well-planned, and well-thought out.
These are the fantasies I conjure up in my head, as I look at these images...
Of course, no one's life is perfect...but it sure is easy to think it is,
when art and home, look as beautiful, and put together, as this...
(And they just happen to be (mostly) in shades of gorgeous green).


One of my favorite rooms of all time, is Billy Baldwin's insanely gorgeous 
salon, (above left), that he decorated for Marie-Laure de Noailles. 
I wish I knew who the photographer was that shot this, 
because, he, or she, played a big part in the brilliance that it is.




Dejeuner






Gisela von Wehner by Albert von Keller, 1906



1. Evan Wilson 2. Unknown 3. Martha Stewart Living 3. Unknown 
4.Dejeuner  5.Unknown 6.Walnutwallpaper.com 7.Albert Keller 8.Unknown 9.Unknown 10.Unknown
 (If anyone knows where these unknowns are from, please let me know and I will list them.)

2 comments:

Sarah Greenman said...

Beautiful post. This hue is always enchanting to me and harkens another era. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Sarah...I know, I am so drawn to those "other era's"...:)

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...