Saturday, December 29, 2012

Iceberg Infatuation, and Gratitude.

  I just returned from Kauai and somehow on the plane back caught a nasty bug, and am mindlessly drooling and spacing out with the occasional spurt of energy to troll the internets...And somehow I came upon these hauntingly beautiful photo's by Simon Harsent . 
 I am deeply drawn to images of Icebergs, and the Antarctica in general, maybe for it's vast emptiness, or the power it has to seemingly end, begin, or just change the world that surrounds us.
Thinking of these majestic beasts, reminds me how fragile we are, and reminds me of the short time we have here. It makes me want to contribute whatever I can before I leave this place. Whether it be food to your local food bank, or writing a letter of gratitude to the boss of a person who treated you well at a restaurant. These acts of kindness are small, but if we ALL did them, we could change lives. Making people feel loved by asking them questions about they're lives, showing interest in others, offering them helpful advice or guidance that they may be looking for. Surely you shouldn't let people walk all over you, but it is SMALL gestures that make people's lives better, including yours...

Simon Harsent Melt: Portrait of an Iceberg

2 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

amazing images. and great reminder about kindness.

thanks, jennifer, and happy new year...

donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Donna! Happy New Year to you as well!!

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...