Thursday, January 12, 2012

Shop to Visit : CRAIG VAN DEN BRULLE - Capitol Furnishings, N.Y.C.



During my last trip to NYC, I dropped my camera and broke it before I could get shots of some of my favorite hauntings. It has taken me a while to go through all of them, and recover the ones that were not covered in a thick white fog. I am SO glad I took these pics before I dropped it, because CRAIG VAN DEN BRULLE is definitely in my top 3 all-time favorite home furnishing stores. It's really an ART gallery in my opinion, and collecting these would be like owning a Francis Bacon, or a Matisse. The tables and lamps are what make my head spin. Many of these pieces are from the 60's and 70's by French artists George Mathais, Jean Claude Dresse, and Fernand Dresse, all of whom created the uniquely gorgeous bronze coffee tables with stones, inlaid agates, or gorgeous etchings.


Are you DYYYYYING?





I wish I knew who made this sculpture, but the salesman was busy with another person, and was kind enough to give me a great amount of information on other pieces, so I didn't want to pester him. BTW, I thought I would walk into this store and be given the cold shoulder, and was so pleasantly surprised how genuinely nice the man was who helped me... It was kinda surreal...



This lamp, with the right shade, is EXACTLY right for my place...Drooling....



The LOTUS carved in the bronze??? How beautiful, no?




This piece belongs on my console...No, REALLY...

If anyone goes, tell the sweet boys I said hello. 

Hope you have had a great week so far.

All photos by Jennifer Ament

No comments:

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...