Sunday, October 9, 2011

Encaustic LOVE...




 I have a few encaustic pieces in the works and hope to find a venue for a show soon, as I am kind of obsessed with the colors and forms in this series...Working with hot wax and a blow torch makes one feel slightly powerful, and dangerous, and because I usually feel like I am neither of those, maybe it is my form of self-help... Probably more like I just LOVE painting with wax, building layer upon layer, melting them into one another, and then scraping them away is sheer bliss...Very meditative...


 I LOVE this one...
I was thinking asteroids and pieces of stars shooting down from the sky..
 My hot plate with the melted wax...It is a messy sport lemmy tell ya...


Ouch, caught my shirt on fire....Just kidding....Maybe wax splashed in my eye...Just kidding again...


Have a good week!

No comments:

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...