Saturday, May 21, 2011

Good Times in NYC....

Back from a whirlwind trip to the city that doesn't sleep. Here are some of the highlights. (my camera broke on the last leg of the trip, so these are the highlights I could capture)... 

Lupa, one of Mario Batali's gems, is consistently one of my favorite restaurants in NYC...A table is usually a very long wait, if you can get a table at all...You won't be sorry...

I cannot even tell you how amazing this incredibly simple dish of pasta was. I don't think a word was said, except with our eyes popping out of our heads...





A NYC gem of a place that has been around FOREVER, (many people outside of the city don't know about it, and let's hope it stays that way), but you feel like you are in a beautiful old movie, where the mafioso are going to bust in at any moment, and bring down the place. There are no windows  because it was built during the prohibition, as they had to have been hiding some serious high end liquor. The cabinets look like they were in the Astor's or Vanderbilt's dining room's, and I fantasized that I was in an era of yore, while some friends and I tried some sips of some serious Manhattans...





Fun times...

Photo's by me and the bartender...

No comments:

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...