Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Art of Macrame....








I know many of you might balk at the resurgence of this intricate art form, as it had such a bad rap after it's HUGE popularity in the 70's, but it is back in a BIG way. I recently went to So. Cal. and noticed the most intricate, beautiful, wall hangings, and (after doing a serious search), I found that they are pretty hard to find these days. Many of you may think these pieces could ONLY work in a very casual atmosphere, or a home with only organic elements, but I think you need to open your minds a bit, because I can see a few of these pieces mixed up in a very high-end atmosphere, and I am even guessing one of my idols, Mrs. Kelly Wearstler herself, would use these pieces in one of her most eclectic atmospheres...






 I had to add this INSANE beauty to the mix because this would work perfectly in a room with one of these fab wall hangings...


How much you wanna bet Mr. Keith Richard's had one of these baby's on his walls back in the day?

All photos from Tumblr with no link's to the original source, 
if you know any of these sources, please let me know. :) Thank you...

1 comment:

Katie Chrishanthi Shipley said...

Macrame! My mum is a wizz at this. Unfortunately each time i have tried to learn, i end up watching . . baffled
Lovely post!

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...