Monday, September 27, 2010

Seattle's Pop-Up Jersey Shore, The Puyallup Fair

Here at Art and Lair we, (and by we, I mean me) have always enjoyed experiencing the highest quality of food, decor, literature, art, architecture, and just about everything else. But let me inform you, we are not snobs. We do not hold ourselves in higher regard than anyone else, and actually think we all have a bit of what some people would call "white trash" or "euro trash" or "ghetto fabulousness"...whatever ethnicity, we all have some trash in us....
The Puyallup Fair is a double dose of carnie culture, that celebrates the beginning of fall and goes from Sept.10th to the 26th. People go in droves, to see the cows being milked, the giant pumpkin contest, the farm animal competitions, to ride the rides, etc. I go to see carnie culture at it's best, and to eat some damn good corn dogs...
Waiting to buy tickets, FOREVER....People watching galore...
Yup. Amazing 80's soundtrack playing in the background...
The glories of Americana...
Have no idea what this guy was doing...he was just sitting in the middle of the fair...
The piglets were sooooo cute!!

Wha? We have a weight problem in the states? This plate was almost as big as the table it was on...
Unfortunately, they were sold out of the deep fried Rice Krispie Treat, so I thought about treating myself to the less caloric Krispy Creme chicken sandwich, (thought about).Note the frog legs and alligator...
Places to go, people to see, things to do...To bad I could not get a closer photo, but this dude had a camera, and cell phone in hand, with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, talking and riding, while he stopped for a momentary break to show off doing jumps in front of the teenage girls...Did not look up once...Now that is confidence...
These were called "Krusty Pups" and no, I did not ask them to make it look like a .....BTW they were amazing!!!
What could be more American than a shark made out of money?
I want these letters. They are beautiful.... Oh how I love a good roller coaster...

4 comments:

24 Corners said...

I love your eye, your art and your blog! Just came over from Bloomsbury and have been scrolling through from the beginning, still a bit more to explore.
I live near Seattle...Lake Forest Park, and it's been ages since I was at the Puyallup, you made me want to go again. We've gone to the Evergreen Fair the last few years, the music isn't as good but the dahlia's and chickens are *outstanding*!
xo Jessica~

Anonymous said...

So glad to meet you here!! Love how many people visit me from Bloomsbury...So grateful to be on her amazing list... Thanks for following!!!

diann311 said...

I did get to go this year to the Fair. I felt like I was there with your pictures. Thanks

All Women Everywhere said...

Classic! Now I don't feel so badly about missing the fair this year.

XOXO
Leah

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...