Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rock With Me.

I LOVE rocking chairs. This is such a great picture of Picasso in his studio and the Thonet chair peeking out of the back corner. This chair was created by Michael Thonet in 1870. Dali had one in his studio as well.
Picasso in his Cannes Studio in 1956. Photo : Arnold Newman/ Getty Images
When I was growing up my mother had one of these amazing Thonet rocking chairs and loomed rug art hunk up on the wall above it. She gave it to me, and guess what I did? I sold it at a garage sale!? Therefore I am determined to find another one and pretend that it is the same one my mother gave to me.
Via-http://floppysunhat.blogspot.com/Picture credit: www.dundee.ac.uk/museum/design/ARTS1032.html

No comments:

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...