|Esmeralda, 2009, Acrylic on Canvas.|
Zephyr, 2007, Acrylic on canvas.
Jazz and Spaghetti, 2008.
About Emilia AranaSwirling colors frolic together in Emilia Arana’s abstracts, resulting in beautifully choreographed dances of paint. On the surface, spontaneous brushwork and vivid color palettes create rhythmic pieces that radiate energy. Closer inspection, however, reveals emotional undercurrents ingrained in her work, speaking to the viewer on an individual basis and asking them to bring their own experiences to the interpretation of her work.
Selected Exhibition History
- Small Works Invitational Davis Dominguez Gallery, Tucson, AZ 2009
- Melody and Momentum Conrad Wilde Gallery, Tucson, Arizona 2008
- The Colors of Home Hilltop Gallery, Nogales, AZ 2007
- Lyrical Abstraction Conrad Wilde Gallery, Tucson, AZ 2006
- Abstraction Tucson Jewish Community Center, Tucson, AZ 2005